The new Permanent Exhibition of the Homeland Museum in Petrovac na Mlavi includes the archeological exhibit of specimens from the Neolithic site Belovode (5350-4600 BC), as well as a documentary-historical exhibition on establishment and development of Petrovac na Mlavi until the beginning of the Second World War.
Special attention was devoted to life of inhabitants of Belovode, through reconstruction of a Vinča-type house building with accompanying objects for everyday use. The spirit of Vinča Culture was represented by rock artifacts (made of carved and polished rock), animal bones, artistic and technologically advanced pottery products, as well as the objects of religious nature that include certain types of vessels, anthropomorphic and zoomorphic figurines, ceramic sacrificial surfaces, amulets etc., with special attention to metallurgy, which has been taking place in this region for 7000 years and more. Belovode is so far the oldest site in this part of Europe with proven records of copper mining and metallurgy.
The second segment of the Permanent Exhibition includes the period since when the settlement was formed on banks of Mlava, and its industrial, economic, social and cultural development until the Mid-20th century. The Regulation Plan of Petrovac from 1928 shows the most important objects of the post-war Petrovac which today represent a testimony on the local history and cultural heritage, while the panels show comprehensive topic-oriented life of the town at the time of its development and citizenship progress: including management boards, trade, crafts, education, sport, cultural and humanitarian associations.